Katie Haun, soon to be former partner at Andreesen Horowtiz (a16z), is looking to raise $900 million for a pair of crypto investment funds following her departure from the venture capital firm, according to a report by the Financial Times.
- Haun is aiming for $300 million for an early investment fund targeting crypto startups and $600 million for a fund focused on larger companies and digital tokens, FT reported on Friday, citing people briefed on her plans.
- While much smaller than the $2.2 billion amount Haun helped a16z raise for the firm’s third crypto fund in June, $900 million would be more than sizeable debut for a new firm.
- Having announced her departure from a16z last month, Haun said she would be starting her own venture capital firm, which goes by the name “KRH”.
- She will be joined by a small group of a16z staffers including including crypto marketing head and Coinbase alum Rachael Horwitz.
- KRH has already participated in $300 million funding round into OpenSea, which gave the non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace a $13.3 billion valuation.
Read more: A16z Leads Additional $25M Round for DeFi Credit Protocol Goldfinch
Leave a Reply